Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Worm


I love Austin Young's work, but I must confess, that his new series, The Worm has eluded me. I couldn't figure out how to access it and was somewhat repulsed by the worm itself (played by Nadya Ginsburg). It wasn't until I was laying under the covers the other night after a long sleepless painful night of breaking up, that the image of Austin & Nadia's Worm came to mind. Suddenly I felt like I understood it...but i wasn't sure, so I sent Austin a myspace message...

Willia:
is the worm about being broken hearted?
feeling totally out of control and primal?
im projecting.


Austin:
hah!
yes. totally.
yes yes!

it's about anger. pain.

it's like The Scream by Edvard Munch.
the scream of the pain of life.
but... it's also supposed to be funny.
laughing at this ....

maybe like your bruises?

Willia:
"M" and i broke up last night..
im totally brokenhearted, angry, confused, scared...
and feel like i cant breathe....
in the middle of the night while i was laying in bed suffocating with how i feel, i thought of the worm...
and thought...ohh i think i get it now.
xo
w



No comments: