Sunday, May 11, 2008

Honey Bunny



Margie Schnibbe
(aka: Vena Virago)is having her first solo art exhibition in Los Angeles at CIRCUS GALLERY, Opening Reception: Saturday, May 17, 7 - 9PM

CIRCUS GALLERY
7065 Lexington Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90038

I met Margie through mutual friends at CalArts. I also did a short video bio on her work back in 2005. One of the first things i appreciated about Margie was that she was drawn to sex, sex-work and pornography through her academic interest in theoretical discouses on the subject as discussed by the likes of Nietzsche, Freud and Lacan.

Margie art directed all the pornographic films she's directed under the pseudonym Vena Virago. Her films are trademarked by her use of color and punk, and the on going question, "is feminist porn possible?"

She will be shooting her newest Adult feature in the gallery space in the weeks following the opening, continuing the dialog between art and pornography.

I'm excited to announce that she invited me to PA the film! It's awesome to be around sex positive fun, creative women! I can't wait to meet all the girls.

No comments: