Monday, April 28, 2008

List for Analysis

PERFORMANCE IDEA: Have a therapist engage me inspired by the following statements:

Why can’t I be honest with myself or with you?
I feel uncomfortable in dresses lately.
I’m not sure what it means to be female.
I like fucking men in the ass with a strap-on.
I like eating pussy.
I am attracted to gay men.
I want the unattainable, but not for too long.
I am the other-other.
I’m not sure if I have ever loved anyone or if I've ever loved myself.
I constantly obsess about my body, intelligence and talent.
I worry so much I have a hard time breathing.
My mind won’t stop bashing me.
I am selfish.
I hate myself.
This is a phase.
I love everyone.
I hate everyone.
I am ambivalent.
Fuck.
I’m afraid to create work you wont like.
I don’t fit.
Do long hair and a dress make me look too much like a straight passive female?
Am I?
How about short hair and pants?
Will they make me look strong?
Am I strong?
Maybe If I dye my hair I can evade white stereotypes, pass as being non-white?
Maybe I need more tattoos or more muscles or a tan?
How am I supposed to look?
These clothes are too coded. My skin too pale.
Take them off.
How am I supposed to love?
Being with anyone stands for too much.
Why the fuck do you want to get married and have kids?
That shit is boring.
It makes me want to write you off, because it kills the you I love.
I’ll congratulate you for perpetuating the hetero norm, cuz you’re my friend.
I need to be alone to go mad.
I need to go mad so badly.
I’m having an identity crisis.
I wanted to crawl inside that girl I loved her so much.
I wanted to eat that guy in a stew I loved him so much.
I squeezed my cat hard I love her so.
Kick me.
Just let it be authentic.
This apathy is killing me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks about like my normal hourly list of questions. i can only figure the world has produced people like us for a reason so it's best just to be that, exactly who we are, or in this case maybe who we are not sure that we are?

Anonymous said...

very raw

sub-stance said...

i heart you jules...