Saturday, March 29, 2008

Jenny Shimizu



I had no idea who Jenny Shimizu was until today.

Lets travel back in time one week. I'm having lunch with Adriana at Auntie Em's Kitchen in Eagle Rock, as we often do. It's a weekday afternoon, so the place is filled with freelancers, artists and the unemployed, as it usually is...And in walks Jenny Shimizu & her girlfriend, choosing a seat next to us on the back patio. I'm always happy to see queer couples engaging in PDA's, especially in my neighborhood, so I make my best 'you go girls' face, which is probably just a big goofy grin, panged with longing. Adriana kicks me under the table while shooting sharp lasers with her eyes in their direction and whispering "that's Jenny something, she's a celebrity." I don't really care much about celebrity, so I didn't think anymore of it until today. Preparing myself for my first trip to Dinah Shore next weekend, I saw on a related website that Jenny would be a featured celebrity at the event. Foreshadowing...? Hmmm...

1 comment:

Adriana said...

my favorite part of this post is the tags: ADRIANA YUGOVICH, AUNTIE EM'S KITCHEN, DINAH SHORE WEEKEND, EAGLE ROCK, JENNY SHIMIZU, LESBIAN