
I love to garden. Really. Nothing makes me feel more at peace than dirty finger nails and the sound of birds chirping. The garden is a metaphor. When I'm happy & healthy, so are my plants. The succulents supple, the veggies abundant. When busy or in a dark place, the garden becomes a neglected jungle. So, clearing that wild growth each spring, gives me a renewed sense of spiritual jouissance. 
I have millions of Decollate Snails in my garden. If you need some let me know. And does anyone have a good organic trick for getting rid of aphids? I've tried organic poisons, marigolds, lady bugs, soap water, & chilli water, without luck. Probably needs more diligence, like catching them before they stage a coup d’état on my veggies.
Last week I hung out with my friend David Burns. Dave shares my love of plants and is one of the founders of the art collective, Fallen Fruit. After going to check out the California Video show at the Getty, Dave & I stopped at the Sunset Blvd Nursery in Silverlake. David is apparently a huge tomato fan and has like 17million tomato plants at home. He bought 1 package of brandywine tomatoes, 1 pack of romas, & 1 pack of basil. He sent me home with half of everything which 'forced' me to work in the garden last week. I can't stand the sight of a wilting baby plant! I finally cleared space, added some nutrients to the soil and planted the little dears in the ground along with a few seeds from my stash. Lots more work to do, to plant the other beds, but im well on the way. Thanks Dave!
Saturday, March 29, 2008
gardening fun
Labels:
david burns,
Decollate Snails,
fallen fruit,
garden,
tomato,
veggies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
have you ever read "carrots love tomatoes",, its a brilliant book, and very helpful,,
no, I havn't. I'll have to check it out. thanks.
Post a Comment