Thursday, February 28, 2008

playdate

As adults, we know better. But for some reason, every once in a while, we decide it sounds like a good idea to spend an entire day in inebriated stupidity. My friend and I had a play-date the other day where we made such a plan. We both woke up early today feeling hung over and ashamed of ourselves. But alas, this journey into the nether region of human consciousness was not unfruitful. I learned that when inebriated, I might be inclined to steal a utensil from an over priced cafĂ©. Or take a driving tour of the sight where a local gang member was shot. I also learned that I might be inclined to share my business with strangers and drunk-text people I know I shouldn’t bother.

And when I was laying on the sidewalk in a riddle of graffiti confessions, my friend and I laughing hysterically, we were laughing because of the fine mess we are, because we are beautifully tragic and flawed and ridiculous and pathetic. We were laughing because sometimes life makes no sense, and sometimes we do really stupid things, and all you can do is laugh and all you can say is, ‘fuck’.

But yeah, I’m ready to grow up. I think.

Oh Yeah… and for some reason, we kept seeing these moustaches everywhere we went. Hmm..

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ready to grow up? what in the world does THAT mean?

sub-stance said...

Growing up means: not drunk-texting people, or complaining like a child, or obsessing like a teenager. It means striving to be the best person you can, and having integrity. right? idontknow.

surachai said...

YES! That mustache is amazing!!