



It's official. trash audio & sub-stance, have a blogger geek crush.
Surachai found my blog the first week it was up and has on-goingly pursued an intelligent & supportive discourse with me. He lives in Chicago where he makes beautiful electronic driven music and hardcore/grind/metal stuff... despite the abysmal cold.
Currently, Surachai is finishing a brief tour in Los Angeles. We arranged to meet at an intimate venue he was playing in Echo Park called pehrspace.
It was my first hardcore show. I arrived just as he was about to begin, and we greeted each other with a hug, which he says was the worst thing to do before having to scream violently into a micraphone. Ha Ha. Kindly, he advised me to pick up some squishy ear plugs from the guy at the door to protect my fragile ear drums. I shoved em in my ear holes and sat right behind a speaker. I couldn't hear all the juicy nuances that i know are in his music, but I got a feel for the hard core. For screaming, and noise, and nobs, and dials, and people with interesting facial hair, standing groin-to-speaker, staring slack jawed at the creator of such insanity as he growled and undressed, like a teenager after a long day of school. It was kinda hot.
We met up a few days later for a delicious vegetarian meal at Paru's.
Surachai is gonna work on the sound for a new video piece that my friend and I are producing for the Lust4Lace show at LACE in February. That is, if he has time...
Friday, January 25, 2008
my first hardcore
Labels:
ear plugs,
hardcore,
LACE,
lust 4 lace,
paru's,
pehrspace,
Surachai,
trash audio
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment